The following area has been created to maintain COVID-19 updates as they may relate to Sea Gull Condominiums and / or your potential travels.
Your health, welfare and safety are paramount when you stay at Sea Gull Condominiums. Noting that the news is dominated by Coronavirus, we want to let you know that we have implemented increased guest room and common area cleaning protocols and processes. We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding the spread of the virus. Our focus is to ensure we meet our guest needs while doing our part to keep you, our associates and our communities safe.
UPDATE JULY 30, 2020
NUECES COUNTY HAS EXTENDED THE BEACH RESTRICTIONS LISTED BELOW UNTIL AUGUST 17, 2020
An article about this can be found on the South Jetty Website here: https://www.portasouthjetty.com/articles/beach-restrictions-extended-until-aug-17/
UPDATE JULY 15, 2020
TEMPORARY BEACH CURFEW – All Beaches within the geographic boundaries of Corpus Christi are subject to a curfew from 8:30 PM to 6:00 AM
TEMPORARY LIMITATION ON VEHICLE ACCESS TO BEACHES AND PARKS – Beaches and parks and with vehicular access points will be closed to vehicular access. Pedestrian access to the beaches and parks is permitted. Vehicle restrictions includes golf carts.
The restrictions noted regarding no tents, chairs, sitting down or laying down are listed in the Nueces County order for North Beach and McGee Beach ONLY.
Sea Gull Condominiums provides boardwalk access to the beach for you and your family to still access and enjoy the beach until the curfew of 8:30 pm each evening.
These orders remain in effect until August 1, 2020 at 6AM.
Please CLICK HERE to view the full order.
UPDATE JUNE 19, 2020
Per the Executive order of the Mayor of Port Aransas:
FACE MASKS – COMMERCIAL ENTITIES Effective Wednesday June 24, 2020 and continuing until 11:59PM on July 1, 2020: All commercial entities in Port Aransas providing goods and /or services directly to the public must require that all employees, customers and visitors to the commercial entity’s business premises or other facilities wear face coverings when in an area or performing an activity which will necessarily involve close contact or proximity to co-workers or the public where six feet of separation is not feasible.
CLICK HERE to view the Entire Mayoral Order Document.
June 12, 2020
Sea Gull Condominiums has updated their COVID-19 Protocols. Click Here to view.
Sea Gull Condominiums has resumed rental operations effective May 1, 2020.
Sea Gull Condominiums is open for rentals.
The Sea Gull Condominiums is first and foremost committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of all our owners, staff and registered guests. We remain diligent in monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) cased and following guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the World Health Organization and local, regional, and state authorities.
Please CLICK HERE to view the Sea Gull COVID-19 Reopening Protocol and Procedures.
Here are some highlights:
- We have enhanced techniques used to clean guest rooms after each stay, our housekeeping staff is paying close attention and sanitizing high touch areas in the rooms.
- Front desk staff is paying close attention and sanitizing lobby common areas, key cards, door handles, coffee station items etc.
- The fitness room has been closed.
- The coffee station has been closed.
- The game room has been closed.
In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our associates. This includes:
- If they are not feeling well or an immediate family member is not feeling well, we ask that they stay home to avoid passing it to others.
- Keeping their hands clean and washing hands properly, as well as, regular hand sanitizer use.
- They regularly wipe down and sanitize their workspace.
- Importantly, if they have flu like symptoms, they are advised to consult a doctor and seek medical care.
Our guests and staff well-being are our highest priority and we truly appreciate the trust that you place in us when you choose to stay at Sea Gull.
UPDATE April 9, 2020
From April 10, 2020 through April 13, 2020 the beaches of Nueces County will not be accessible by vehicle. Please view the entire Nueces County Order below.
CLICK HERE to view the latest order from Nueces County
CLICK HERE to view the latest Mayoral Order from the Mayor of Port Aransas
UPDATE: March 25, 2020
On March 25, 2020 Nueces County Judge Barbara Canales declared a Stay at Home Order for Nueces County. This document can be found here:CLICK HERE
Following that order the Mayor of Port Aransas gave a Mayoral Order in addition the current Governor and Judge Canales Order: This Document can be found here: CLICK HERE
SEA GULL CONDOMINIUMS IS LOCATED IN THE CITY OF CORPUS CHRISTI AND IS NOT GOVERNED BY THE MAYORAL ORDER OF PORT ARANSAS.
the main points of this mayoral order are below. The mayoral order only applies to the City Limit of Port Aransas and not those properties or beaches that are within the City of Corpus Christi jurisdiction. Sea Gull Condominiums is within the City of Corpus Christi Jurisdiction.
These orders go into effect at 11:59 on 3/26/20 for 7 days (April 2, 2020). The Mayoral Orders Include:
1. Port Aransas has within it some RV Parks in which people live. These RV parks are to be treated as “residences” as defined under the County Judge’s Order. No R.V. may be moved into any RV park within the City. Those that exit from the City may not return.
2. Day or night camping on the beach using a tent or vehicle or other type of enclosure or no type of enclosure, is prohibited.
3. Fishing from shore whether from the ship channel, jetties or beach is prohibited.
4. Short term rentals are prohibited, except for persons doing Essential Business.
5. Movement exercise, such as walking, running, biking, yoga, water sports, or other similar physical exercise on the beach is allowed. Otherwise, no person shall be allowed on the beach.
UPDATE March 19, 2020
Gov. Greg Abbott announced on Thursday March 19, 2020 (Click here to view executive order) that he has issued an executive order that requires all Texas bars, gyms and restaurant dining rooms to close. Texas schools are also ordered to temporarily close. Restaurants are still allowed to offer to-go, take-out and delivery options. The governor is allowing some Texas restaurants to deliver alcohol with any food purchase. The alcoholic beverages include wine, beer and mixed drinks. This is in an effort to help the hospitality industry. The executive order will begin on Friday, March 20 and end on April 3.